Monday, April 2, 2012

Severed Sheep

Hey all! I know what you're thinking, and no, they aren't actually severed sheep. However, I did decide to put a creative twist on this animal! This design was inspired by the cartoon short Shaun the Sheep.

Left hand first:

I started with the heads of the sheep. First I painted white half-ovals on the tips of my nails. Then, taking a droplet of black nail polish and a needle, I outlined the sheep and created the head (somewhat based off of Shaun the Sheep). I didn't completely make the full head. Instead, I left the bottom half of the jaw off.

This is why:

The bottom half of the jaw continued onto my right nails, opposite the left hand. To make the bodies of the sheep, I took the same types of steps as I did for the heads. I painted the white half-ovals and outlined them with black. Then I drew the four legs. The part after got a little tricky. I had to wait a bit for the nail polish to dry, then I sort of estimated where the heads were on my left hand and created the jaw so that the two would line up when the nails were put together.

Finished product:

People seemed to really enjoy this design, and I absolutely love how it turned out! It was one of my more creative designs, and I was so happy that the jaws lined up almost perfectly with the heads on the opposite hand after eyeballing where they should be placed.

Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment