Sunday, April 1, 2012

Animals On Nails

Hey everyone! I wanted to share a couple of my animal creations with you. I've done a few so far, and I'm hoping to do so many more!


Let's start with the bees! I had tried this design once before when I was just starting out; it consisted of each nail being a full-bodied bee, and the head was at the tip of the nail. I recently decided to expand on some of my older designs, and remembering those bees, I came up with this. I was quite pleased how these turned out. I painted the yellow bodies first using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Lightning. Then, using a needle, I painted the white wings outlining the bodies and proceeded by using the same needle to do the eyes and the stripes on the bees. The crossed lines on the wings took a little extra time, seeing as I was being cautious so I didn't make them too thick. In case you're wondering, I put a drop of nail polish on a piece of paper or cardboard and then dip the needle in it. A majority of my designs are now done this way; I find that it expands your range of colors and designs you can do.


Then there's turtles. I did this design for one of my friends (her favorite animal is a turtle). It actually took me a few months to find just the right way to create them; I hadn't seen many turtle designs being done and I wanted to make sure I did them in a fun way. It took a lot of thinking, but I'd say they turned out okay. This design was done entirely with Pure Ice brand nail polish. I'd have to say my favorite part of this design was their mouths.


Lastly we have the raccoon! This design also took a bit of consideration and time. I had to wait a bit for my nails to be the desired length I had for this design. In order to do this, I actually had to look at a picture of a raccoon. I used Pure Ice Black Rage and Pure Ice Super Star to do this. In order to get the grey shades, I had to mix the colors on the paper before applying them to my nail with the needle. I even ended up mixing either more white or more black into the design once it was on my nail to try and get it the "right" shade. This design was time consuming once I started, but this is one of the designs that I miss the most.

I recently did some sheep as well, but those will be in a new post (a set of three photos!). I'm excited for you guys to see them; a lot of people gave me positive feedback on them. However, it seems that whenever I try to do animal designs, I can't think of an animal to do. So, if one pops in your head, send me a request! I'm happy to do them. :)

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment