Sunday, April 1, 2012

Gamer Nails: Pac Man and Space Invaders

Hey all! So, I'm new to blogspot, not entirely sure what I'm doing yet. However, I assure you that as I explore more and become more experienced at this, my posts will become better! Anyways, I wanted to share my gamer nails with you today!


A friend of mine suggested to me once that I should try doing Pac Man themed nails, and this is what I came up with. It was quite fun, actually. I had never thought to try doing the actual layout for a game; this was probably the design that sent my confidence in my nails through the roof. I picked up a trick from one of my fellow artists, Nina, that made the lines a lot easier to create. I had to use a picture in order to get the layout how I wanted it, but all in all it worked fine. The colors turned out quite well, and this design earned quite a bit of feedback from both friends and strangers! I used Claire's brand and Sally Hansen brand nail polish to create this (though, I'm not entirely sure of the exact nail polishes anymore..).


As for Space Invaders, I wanted to do to another videogame related design opposite Pac Man. I couldn't quite figure out at first how to do this design. It seemed fit to do another layout, and I had the idea in my head to make it small so that I would be able to fit all the rows of invaders on my four fingers. However, when I started creating the design, it came out like this. I was actually quite pleased with it, even though it seemed somewhat basic compared to the Pac Man layout I did.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this! Any requests? Feel free to e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment