Sunday, April 8, 2012

Double-Hand Design

Hey all! So, I wanted to share a design with you that got an amazing response on my dA account. After doing the sheep, I felt adventurous; I wanted to do more designs that created a picture when I put my two hands together. One of my friends wanted me to do converse on my nails again, but I wanted to do something that I hadn't seen done before. I took that opportunity to create another picture design using both of my hands.


When I tried describing this to my friend, she was so confused. She loved it, though, when she finally saw it. I used a mixture of Sally Hansen, Pure Ice, and OPI nail polish to do this design. The laces and the tips of the shoes were done using Pure Ice Super Star, and the black details were done using Pure Ice Black Rage. The red converse shoe on my thumb was done with Sally Hansen Diamond Strength: Honeymoon Red. The pink converse was done using OPI Charged Up Cherry. The yellow converse was done using Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear: Mellow Yellow. The purple converse was done using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri: Lively Lilac.

I started out by doing the basic converse design of just the tip of the shoe and some laces on my left hand. After that, I took a drop of nail polish and made a V shape on my nails on my right hand. Then I made an arc connecting the sides of the V's to be the "tongue" of the shoe. Next I sort of eyeballed where the tongue would match up and finished creating the detail and the laces. I'm really proud of how this design turned out; it was so far off from the simple converse design that mostly everyone does. I'm glad I was able to create something different than the standard. So many people loved it! I even received one of the best comments I've ever gotten on my nail art after I posted this design, "Wow, your nail art is amazing. Go put the nail salon ripoffs out of work!"


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment